If you you’ve made the cutest invites for your wedding, organised a dope bachelorette, and arranged for an awesome theme for your wedding, you might want to get an exclusive wedding Snapchat Filter to be the icing on the cake.
If you’re only just learning that this is possible, get ready to surprise your friends and family with a unique wedding Snapchat filter for your special day and for all the other events like a pre-wedding photoshoot, engagement party, and wedding reception.
Snapchat has enabled custom filter creation on Snapchat Lenses and you can get one done in just a few minutes without the need for any supreme graphic design skills.
By using the ‘Custom Filter’ option on Snapchat Lenses, you can design a custom filter, set parameters, and upload it back to Snapchat to use as your wedding filter for all the terrific photos and videos in the run up to the wedding week. What’s more, you could also make separate filters for each of your events like Engagement Party, Bachelorette, and after-party.
The need to have a unique wedding is very real and making it eventful not just offline but on social media as well, is imperative for a millennial wedding because hey, half the fun of a wedding lies in sharing all the excitement online.
Custom wedding Snapchat filters are the next level in social media personalisation and if you’d like to get one for your wedding, follow the steps below:
Finding custom Filters and Lenses on the app
Creating a custom wedding Snapchat filter is as easy as opening the Snapchat App and finding the Custom Filters option.
- Open the Snapchat app and click on your profile icon on the top left
- Select the Settings icon on the top right
- Find and select Filters & Lenses
- Press Get Started
- Choose between a Filter or a Lens
What’s the difference between a Snapchat filter and a lens?
The main difference is that the filter is a static frame, whereas a lens can be animated based on your actions. Filters can be customised in many different ways, including adding custom text, images or graphics. Lenses work by using advanced facial recognition techniques to track your facial features and track your movement.
Creating a Wedding Snapchat Filter
- First choose from a list of filter categories. Snapchat has filter templates for special events like Graduation, Summer Vibes, Wedding, Bachelor/Bachelorette, Birthday, Baby Shower, Celebration, Love
- In the wedding category, scour through the list of templates and choose a frame that you like
- Now comes the fun part! After selecting your filter frame, a bunch of editing tools pop up. Here, you can edit placeholder text with the couples names and date, or whatever message you would like to include. Remember, this will be available for other to use. Once done, select the tick on the bottom right
- Now, you must select a date range for your Geofilter
- Now select the area for which your Geofilter will apply. Remember that the larger the area you want to cover, the more it will cost. It’s generally better to apply it to the location of the wedding venue.
- Confirm your details and make the purchase! Don’t forget to also give your Filter a name
Creating a Wedding Snapchat Lens
Similar to the steps for creating a Filter, first choose from a list of filter categories. In this case it will be Wedding
- In the wedding category, swipe through the various lenses and pick the one you like
- After selecting your lens, edit placeholder text with whatever message you would like to use. Remember, this will be available for other to use too. Once done, select the tick on the bottom right
- Now, you must select a date range for your Lens
- Now select the area for which your Lens will apply. Remember that the larger the area you want to cover, the more it will cost. It’s generally better to apply it to the location of the wedding venue.
- Confirm your details and make the purchase! Don’t forget to also give your Lens a name
Finally, if you are in need of some inspiration for your wedding snapchat filter, or would like a professional designer to create one for you, check out these useful resources:
Create and share your own Wedding Snapchat filter and lenses through the Snapchat website rather than on your phone.
A great site for non-designers, with pre-designed templates to choose from, you can pick a design and customise it all within minutes.
Get That Filter
A personalised Snapchat filter design services based in the UK.You simply select from a variety of options, make the purchase, and sit back and wait while a professional designer creates your filter. Prices start from £23 for a personal Snapchat filter.
Pimp My Filter
A small design company based in Surrey, BC in Canada. Pimp My Filter design unique, high quality Snapchat geofilters for all types of events.
Sharing is caring...
Find this post interesting?
Join our mailing list and we'll send you more content just like this one